Recipe courtesy of Mapleline Farm
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed, washed and cut into pieces
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp. celery salt
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
¾ cup Mapleline Farm Heavy Cream*
¾ cup Mapleline Farm Whole Milk*
*For a lighter version, use light cream and low-fat or fat-free milk.
- In a 1 quart sauce pan, cook asparagus in two cups of boiling water until tender.
- Add onion and celery salt, cook until onions are soft.
- Puree asparagus mixture in a blender
- In the same sauce pan, melt butter and add flour, cook flour until golden brown.
- Whisk milk and cream into butter and flour mixture. Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add asparagus mixture from blender, mix all together in saucepan until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.