Cheesy eggs in whole grain pinwheels.
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 teaspoon basil, dried
• 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
• 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• Flour, as needed
• 1 (13.8oz.) tube refrigerated whole grain pizza crust dough
• 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, reduced fat, shredded
• 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, lite, shredded
• Water, as needed
1. Heat oven to 375oF.
2. Coat 12 standard-size muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Combine herbs and garlic powder; set aside.
4. Cook the eggs in a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, scrambling in the pan until they are set.
5. On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle approximately 1/8-in. thick.
6. In a bowl, combine the cheeses; spread evenly across the dough, leaving a 1/2-in. border along the edges.
7. Spread scrambled eggs evenly over cheese.
8. Sprinkle with herb seasoning blend.
9. Roll up dough tightly on the long edge.
10. Brush water across the edge of the dough, and pinch to seal.
11. Cut into 12 pieces, approximately 1-in. wide.
12. Place roll ups into muffin tins.
13. Bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
For Fiesta Breakfast Swirls
• Use 1 teaspoon taco seasoning in place of herb seasoning mixture. Omit eggs. Double the amounts of both cheeses.