A fun way to start the day! Crisp whole-grain sandwich thins, lightly crusted with cinnamon sugar and topped with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit.
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 4 (1.5oz.) whole grain sandwich thins, halved
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 cup yogurt, vanilla, low fat
• 2 cups fruit, fresh or canned (drained), sliced or diced as needed
1. Heat oven to 375oF.
2. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Lay out 8 sandwich thin halves on a cookie sheet and lightly coat each side with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle both sides of each piece with cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven and cool completely.
6. Spread each piece with 1/8 cup yogurt.
7. Top each piece with 1/4 cup fruit.
For Sunny Start Flatbread
• Prepare as above, but mix 2 tablespoons peanut or sunflower butter into the yogurt. Top with sliced banana.