2 lbs sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded*
1/2 stick butter*
2 cup milk*
2 lbs dry pasta (i.e. shells, rotini)
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese*
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the cheese sauce:
- Combine shredded cheese, butter, and milk in a saucepan over low heat slowly until well blended.
For the pasta:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta until it’s just barely al dente.
- Drain and immediately transfer the hot pasta to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cut up the cream cheese and stir into pasta until melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and stir.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly
* For a lighter version, use reduced-fat shredded cheese, cream cheese, and milk. Reduce amount of butter used.