Skill Level: Easy
- 8 mini bagels
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese (4 ounces)
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Split bagels in half horizontally. With a serrated grapefruit spoon or knife, hollow out some of the bread, saving crumbs for another recipe.
- Press spinach between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine cheeses, spinach, carrots, onion, salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 heaping tablespoons mixture on each bagel half. Sprinkle with chopped pimiento.
- Place bagel halves on a baking sheet. Bake until cheese melts and edges are lightly toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Adapted from Midwest Dairy Association