Skill Level: Easy
- 4 Granny Smith or Gala apples (peeled or unpeeled)
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Core and thinly slice apples. Place apples in a medium bowl and toss with apple juice. Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over apples and stir gently until apples are coated.
- Pour apples into prepared baking dish. Bake 40 minutes or until apples are slightly browned at edges and sauce is bubbling.
- For the cinnamon yogurt topping: Line a colander with several paper towels and place over a bowl to catch drips. Pour yogurt into colander and allow to drain, refrigerated, about 30 minutes. Spoon yogurt into a small bowl and stir in honey and cinnamon. For each serving, top 1/4 of the warm apples with 1/4 of the yogurt topping.
Adapted from National Dairy Council