Skill Level: Easy
For the Salad:
- 3 cups cooked beets, peeled and diced
- 3 or 4 large handfuls of mesclun or salad greens of choice
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup of Cabot Clothbound Cheddar, shaved
For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons Cabot 2% Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated horseradish
- Pinch or two of dill or basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the beets, lettuce, onion and all but four or five of the grapefruit segments in a large bowl.
- Whisk or blend all the dressing ingredients and ½ cup of the shaved cheddar in a bowl until very well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad and toss well.
- Garnish with the remaining grapefruit segments and the remaining ½ cup of shaved cheddar and serve at once.
Adapted from Cabot Creamery Cooperative