Skill Level: Intermediate
This yogurt bar is nutritious and berry delicious! A filling of blueberries and velvety Greek yogurt tops a whole grain oatmeal crust.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 quart Greek yogurt, vanilla, fat free, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, divided
- flour, as needed
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Coat 9 x 9 x 2-in. pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix oats, 3/4 cup yogurt, and brown sugar.
- Press out oat mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and cornstarch.
- Add rest of yogurt and white sugar; stir until blended.
- If using frozen blueberries, toss 1 3/4 cup in flour until lightly coated; discard excess flour.
- Gently fold 1 3/4 cup berries into batter; pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cut into 9 pieces.
- Garnish each piece with 1/4 cup blueberries.