Skill Level: Intermediate
- 2 sandwich rolls, such as kaiser rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2/3 cup ricotta
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 450º F.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally. Hollow them out by removing most of the soft crumb from the tops and bottoms.
- Distribute the mozzarella evenly inside each of the 4 hollowed-out halves. Place 1/3 cup of the ricotta into each bottom half. Top each bottom half with 3 basil leaves. Put the 2 halves of the rolls back together and wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Bake until the outsides are crispy and the cheeses are melted, 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Slice in half and serve.
Adapted from Real Simple