Replace sour cream with Greek yogurt in this delicious Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas recipe for a healthier version. You’ll never notice the difference!
3 cups of green chile sauce (you can purchase it premade or make it homemade)
1 cup Greek yogurt
4 cups shredded chicken
3 cups grated cheese, mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack (hold aside 1 cup)
1 15.5 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
12 soft taco size flour tortillas
Olive oil spray
Crumbled cotija cheese, avocado slices, chopped cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Make your green chile sauce (if homemade).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together cooled green chile enchilada sauce with Greek yogurt.
- Mix together shredded chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, b1ack beans and a cup of the green chile yogurt mixture.
- Spray baking dish(es) with olive oil spray.
- Add a little enchilada sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add chicken mixture to each tortilla, roll.
- Pour remainder of green chile yogurt mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, top with the reminder of the cheese and cook another 10 minutes.
- Top with crumbled cotija cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped cilantro and avocado slices.
Recipe by Michelle Nahom A Dish of Daily Life