Courtesy of Luther Belden Farm
1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup mayonnaise*
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 ½ cups grated “seriously” sharp cheddar cheese
*For a lighter version, use fat-free mayonnaise, low-fat or fat-free milk, egg whites and reduced-fat cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a sauté pan, brown beef and onions, season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, blend mayonnaise, milk, eggs, and cornstarch until smooth.
- Line bottom of pie shell with beef and onion mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef and onions and cover evenly.
- Evenly layer cheese on top of mixture.
- Place on a standard 9×13 baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes, until knife comes out clean.