3 T. unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
½ c. blanched almond slivers, lightly toasted
1 t. granulated sugar
Key Lime Pie Filling:
1-14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
¾ c. real Key lime juice
2 limes, zested
8 oz. Vermont Creamery Mascarpone
¼ c. granulated sugar
6 oz. white chocolate, roughly chopped
¼ c. unsalted butter
2 large eggs, separated
3 T. granulated sugar
2/3 c. cold heavy cream
2 T. raspberry puree
Fresh raspberries, additional lime zest and mint for garnish
1 c. chilled heavy whipping cream
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
2 T. fine granulated sugar
1 marshmallow, softened in microwave
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and quickly pulse to combine.
- Cover and set aside.
KEY LIME PIE FILLLING:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk and thoroughly combine, cover and chill.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler stirring with a rubber spatula working until smooth and completely melted.
- Remove from heat, add egg yolks and melted butter and whisk until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar until they form a meringue with stiff peaks.
- Using a third bowl large enough to accommodate all the ingredients, whip the chilled cream until it reaches stiff peaks also pour the meringue mixture into the cream and combine.
- Pour half the meringue/cream mixture into the chocolate and fold to combine, then pour the chocolate back to the rest of the egg whites and fold to combine.
- Add raspberry puree and fold to combine.
- Cover and chill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- In 12 martini glasses, place 1 teaspoon of the graham cracker crust mixture, using a pastry bag evenly fill each glass with pie filling just over half way.
- Pipe large rosettes of mousse mixture and finish with an additional rosette of the Chantilly cream.
- Garnish with fresh berries, additional lime zest and mint sprig.